Tuesday, 5 January 2010

It's official - I hate Tuesday afternoon appointments at Berkshire Cancer Centre!!
No appointments are nice but by the time of my appointment 3.40pm they were already and hour behind and I finally got in at 5.10pm....

Lucky for me I got to see Kate the lovely registrar...Dr Charlton is great but I always seem to have to chase anything he says he'll do...

First thing I did was say that I hadn't got a date for the lung biopsy and she was quite taken aback and said she'd get straight on to it.

I told her about the pain I was getting in my chest and under my left shoulder.  She examined me and said that it appeared to be either my 4th or 5th rib that was the problem.  She did say that they thought it there was a possibility of spread to the bones.  So next thing is a bone scan to see what they are dealing with and if their suspicions are correct I will need to have radiotherapy.
So at the moment I'm waiting for two appointments, then will have to make another consultants appointment to get results.
She asked if I was taking any painkillers and I said only when it's really bad, so she said to take paracetamol 4 times a day...so I will!!
I'm extremely scared of what lies ahead but will face it head on as always...
Also very worried about juggling appointments with looking after Jack and getting him to and from Nursery School.  As anyone knows a hospital appointment can be 10mins long but could take in total a few hours...getting there, looking for parking, waiting etc
I know I don't have to do the juggling on my own and I have friends who will help but they all have their lives to sort out too...just don't want Jack to suffer because of me..
Love Clare xx

6 comments:

  1. (((Clare)) I'm so sorry you're having this uncertainty. I hope the rib pain turns out to be something unsinister (not sure that's a word - but you know what I mean)

    Wish I was nearer so I could help out on a practical level with Jack :(
    Poppy would love to see more of him, they got on so well last time

    Big hugs to you
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend, I will help in any way I can. With you every step of the way ((hugs)).

    W xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare - I wish I was nearer so I could help out too. :-( Thinking of you......

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((Clare)) Also hoping the rib pain turns out to something not so serious. I hate hosp appts, you have had so many of them it must get pretty tireing.

    Take care Clare and i hope you get your lung biopsy appt through very soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything you need Clare, just ask as you are always here for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack is always welcome here while I'm off work (and days off when I'm back!) Adam would love to see him an extra few hours any time x

    ReplyDelete