Friday, 26 December 2008
Christmas Day morning was just so lovely...not up too early at all 7am and I sort of nudged Jack awake!!
He opened a few smallish presents in bed with us and then we went downstairs for the bigun's...he got exactly what he asked for ...a drum, guitar and rocket. Lots of other things from family and friends that he loved too..especially a Peppa Pig Helicopter!!
Off to Judith and Gerry's at about 11.30am and Mum and Dad came with us, Christmas dinner as always was delicious and of course I ate far too much!!
Jack played with various toys all afternoon and was so good considering he hadn't had a sleep all day. He went up about 8pm and fell asleep after 2 stories from Daddy.
Boxing Day and even more food...lots of nice things, we were really spoilt.
We left at 7ish and expected Jack to fall asleep in the car...he didn't and has just gone up!
I didn't think about our situation much at all, what's the point in being sad when Jack is so happy, when he's happy everyone's happy...he's infectious!!
Hope to have a few days rest and recouperation from excess drink and food and prepare for New Year...where I shall have so many resolutions I'd better start writing them now!!!!
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Clare, Your Christmas sounds lovely .... I can just hear Jack's hilarious laugh. You cant help but join in when he laughs.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, and dont talk about resolutions .... we bough Cyrus this inflatable remote control Good year Blimp - I am EXACTLY the same size and shape LOL LOL.
Take care, Alexandra x
Hi Clare,
ReplyDeleteThese little boys have a way of making Chrsitmas special don't they? :-) Sam was desperate for a Sporticus suit and funnily enough Father Christmas seemed to know and bought him one ;-). He has worn it ever since, hat, goggles and all and when he opened it he said "oh mummy, I really wanted this..." :-D Melted my heart.
Glad you enjoyed your Christmas. I shall be writing down my resolutions too I think, as Alexandra has just described me to a T! LOL
I have a houseload arriving today in the form of my brother and his family so no hope of avoiding food until after New Year. Ahh well...
Lots of love xxx