Monday 24th November 2008
4th Herceptin
My goodness what a hectic start to the day...you can tell I haven't had to get up for anything in particular for a couple of years Jack was 'naughty' in the night and then decided to sleep until 7.15am, I was trying to get myself ready, Jon was getting ready for work using the bathroom when I wanted to and Jack then started playing 'silly buggers' and wouldn't get dressed I still managed to get to Mum and Dad's by 7.50am, just about had time to wish Dad 'Happy Birthday' (81 today) and then join the throng of traffic going in the direction that I wanted to go in.
Got to the hospital at 8.30am and went straight to the chemo ward to let them know I was there....finally got seen to at 10.10am.
Julie had her last radiotherapy session this morning and came to see me afterwards whilst I was waiting..now I know it's rude to laugh at people especially as this poor lady is undergoing treatment BUT...she walked in and both Julie and me said at the same time.."Bloody hell it's the grim reaper" She was extremely tall and had a long black coat on and a hood over her head...it was one of those moments that make you laugh later in the day and no one knows what the hell your chuckling about.
No cannula incidents this time as I sat very still reading my book and snoozing.
Felt very shivery all afternoon and fell asleep at Mum and Dad's in one of the reclining chairs...lovely
I have an Echo booked for next Monday afternoon and then before treatment next time I have to see the Onc to get the results - hopefully all will be ok and I can continue with treatment without having to have a break
I'm due for a CT scan and will ask for them to organise one for me...oh how I hate waiting for the results it's the pits
Nothing more to say at the moment as things appear to be going ok - fingers crossed it stays that way for a while
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment