Wednesday, 31 December 2008


So here we are the last day of 2008.....

What a fast whizz through the months that was. Partly due to the fact that we had vitually no summer to enjoy long lazy days.


Highs of 2008:

January - Panto in Windsor, meals out with friends

February - Paul over to see us

March - Easter at Judith and Gerry's

April - Jack's 2nd birthday and it snowed on the day!! Paul over again! Finding out my pain was infact only gallstones!!

May - Jack went into his 'big bed' and Gall bladder op

June - Ascot, Helen D's 40th at Kei's

July - Annual Harrods trip for bargains and eating!!, strawberry tea

August - Garden finished, stayed at Judith and Gerry's for a few days

September - Holiday even though it was a wet and windy Devon!! Finding out the cancer wasn't as bad as it could have been and being given the chance to have Herceptin

October - Weendy's birthday meal, Sally's 40th 'do', Paul and Janys over and Divas II in London

November - Party in Boro and staying up there a few days, winter wonderland day out with friends

December - Strictly Final round here with 'baby club' girls and of course Christmas with my family'

Lows of 2008 (not so many)

February - pain all month (gall bladder), Hearing that Julie and Jane J's Mum both have BC

March - Hearing that Nick (and Mandy) have to go through the same pain as us with all that a cancer diagnosis entails

May - repeat mammo and all the fear that stirs up

June - Being told I have cancer again

August - losing a breast (I'm still looking for it!!)

Apart from that not too bad a year really!!

First part of my year was good, apart from the mystery pain that turned out to be Gallstones (which resulted in my Gallbladder being removed at the end of May), had a scan in March and all looked ok..or so I thought.

Went along for a 'routine' mammogram and.....

Just wasn't prepared for the devastation of yet more cancer to deal with...I say devastation as that's what it is but it doesn't consume my whole days...when I do sit and think about what it all means I do get scared mainly for Jon and Jack, and those who I'll leave behind.

For now though...I intend to make the most of the things I have planned for 2009 and get through the rest of my treatments that at the moment finish in September.

So tonight Jack is at Grandma (Ma's) and Grandad's (Dada) and Jon and I are at Wendy and Guy's for an evening of food/drinks and I expect lots of laughs and maybe a few tears - that would from Wendy and Me!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my family and friends xx

See you in 2009!!

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment