Monday, 23 March 2009


After a 4 week wait I finally have my scan results...

It took my consultants' sidekick (his registrar) - the lovely Dr Scott-Brown, 40mins though to track them down as I could hear him on the phone through the door!!....I was going to give him what for but didn't have to, he was giving the radiographers what for and he wasn't a happy man but it 1got a result for me.

All looks ok BUT...there is a 5mm nodule on my lung that they aren't sure if it's the same one that's been there before or a new one - work that out 'cos I can't!! - surely you just look at previous scans or is that too logical??

The scanner is brand new high tech and he thinks that it has just showed the original nodule up much clearer...Yes, you've guessed...we'll keep our eye on it and re-scan in a few months time.

I had a bit of a reaction last time I had Herceptin and they've decided to give me 3 weekly doses once a week for the next 3 weeks together with steroids (urgh!!) and if there's no reaction then I can go back to 3 weekly doses (without steroids) I did admit that I'd been feeling poorly the night before the last treatment and think I may just have been dehydrated and not 100%...hopefully that was the reason and not an allergic reaction.

I did mention to him that I need 2 health reports doing and that my consultant's secretary said she'd pinned the medical request to the front of my file....registrar said the best place to pin the request was to my consultant's forehead!!! - looks like I'll be chasing that too...grr!

My appointment there today was 10.10am, went into one of the side rooms at 10.40am (30mins late not bad really)...got out of there at 11.40am and the look on people's faces when I walked out of the door...I, for once, was the one who took ages!!

Love Clare xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Clare - just checked in and seen this. Glad all is OK. 5mm doesn't seem too bad either. Hang in there.... Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the medical profession has me baffled ..... as you say why cany they compare to a previous scan ??? Anyway no-one seems partilcualry bothered by it so that must be a good thing. Did have a wry smile at you causing the delay ........ oh well it has to be someone each time doesnt it - and it may as well be you :-)

    Good luck with the medical reports. All in all a good result, have a celebratory glass.

    Alexandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, have a glass - you deserve it. In fact, I will have a glass with you, if you don't mind?!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a small slice of cake instead of a glass!!

    Yes, all in all good news but I don't really trust them after last year saying all was ok and then 3mths later telling me I had it again....

    Can't question everything though or I'd never stop!!

    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to question but not to ponder too much!

    Glad it's good news. If you need a hand with Jack for your weekly visits, just ask x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news.

    It's good to celebrate. I would have had a glass though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good to me Clare! Yay! xxx

    ReplyDelete