Most of you know that I like food well last night we were invited to a surprise dinner party for Hilary's 40th...it was fantastic!! I would say it was the best food I have ever tasted.
Hilary's husband Kev had arranged 'Chef at Home' to come in and cook for us, he'd told Hilary that he was cooking for her...how he kept it secret I'll never know!
We got there at 7pm and waited anxiously for Hilary to arrive with Laura (who'd taken Hilary out for a drink to get her out of the way).
She arrived and had no idea...was totally surprised to see a French chef in her kitchen and then she came into the lounge and was surprised to see Julie, Ian, Jono and me sat there!
The eating started with Canapes - Blinis with soured cream, smoked salmon and caviar and crispy duck crepes washed down with Champagne!
Into the dining room to take our seats...Kev had even brought new table lined etc and it looked lovely.
Starter: Belly of Pork served with a honey and apple salad, apple chutney and crackling
Main course: Fillet of beef served with wild mushrooms, potato rostis, green beans, baton carrots, baby leeks, and a Madeira sauce - the steak was cooked to perfection.
Dessert: Creme brule, with strawberries and pistachio nut tuile
Loads of wine was drunk and we all had a lovely time..eating drinking and laughing!
We got home about 2am....I remember getting in the front door but after that it's all a blur!!
Jack was at Grandma and Grandad's last night so Jono and I were treated to a lie-in until midday - heaven!
Love Clare xx
No comments:
Post a Comment