15th Herceptin
Today I had my treatment, a few days early as I didn't really want to have it done the day before we went on holiday.
The port I had fitted last week was accessed successfully by the vascular nurse (Esme). It really hurt though, as it was still healing I couldn't have the Emla cream applied to numb it and Esme had to press down hard on the port to determine what length needle to use. Once the skin was pierced it didn't hurt at all.
I sat there all the time hands free and it was excellent as I didn't have to worry about a canula getting in the way.
I also opted out of having piriton as that makes me so sleepy. I survived with no reaction so won't need to have piriton again.
Finished off the session being armed with spare needles, Emla cream and dressings...
So glad I had it done. Only thing I have watch is if I don't have any treatment for 4 weeks for whatever reason it has to be flushed out...there was mention of teaching me how to do it!!
Love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment