Monday, 3 August 2009

A year ago tomorrow I had my left breast removed....has it effected me ...yes and no...

The actual look of the scar and surrounding area doesn't bother me at all...it was a body part that was infected by a hideous disease and had to go...

...what does is the fact that it's so difficult to find bras that are any good, I desperately want to scream when I'm in Marks and Spencer/John Lewis...I want to shout out to anyone that will listen that it's not all about pretty pink/blue/purple size 36b's...there are some of us that have extreme difficulty find even a bog standard white bra that I can fit my rather large prosthetic boob into.

I hate the fact that I can't just go in and buy any top I like.....I have to try them on to make sure the neckline is ok and it's not to low that it'll show the hollow in my chest....

One year on ....It's not as hard as I thought it would be.

love Clare xx

2 comments:

  1. Goodness me Clare, is it a year already?

    I can relate to what you are saying as my mum feels the same about bras and tops since her mastectomy. :-/

    Glad to hear that it has not been as hard as you thought though :-)

    (((HUGS))) to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, that year has just flown by.
    You have such a fantastic, positive attitude.
    I'm so happy it's not been as hard as you thought
    xxx

    ReplyDelete