Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Have spend most of the afternoon sorting through Jack's box of cards etc that he's accumulated since he was born.
I now have 4 boxes - 1 for my leaving work and new baby stuff, 1 for his 1st year, 1 for his 2nd and 1 for his 3rd...it was lovely to read through the cards and messages that we got, we had over 70 new baby cards!!!  Made me quite sad as when people wrote the messages they had no idea (nor did we) what we face now. Everyone was so happy for us after trying for Jack for so many years and then the happiness turned to saddness all round.
I really must get on and start a proper memory box for him with things in about our family not just things that he's had given.
There is a website where you can get help doing the boxes...I don't really know what to put in it to be honest.  I'll have to have a look.
Love Clare xx

6 comments:

  1. Clare, hugs to you honey.
    I think a memory box is a lovely idea.

    I dont know if this would help but personally I would put things in like:
    tickets for shows you have seen
    tickets for enatrnce to parks / playplaces
    photos of the two of you together at all sorts of this eg: in the park, pre-school, just in the garden, on holiday etc.
    Invites to parties
    Pics of the whole family at birthdays, christmas
    Pics of him with his favourite presents / toys
    Lots of pictures of you all as a family, and with favourite friends and grandparents
    Bits of material from favourite blankets / clothes.
    Little pieces of favourite artwork especially things made from prints of hands etc
    Family tree

    Alexandra x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex...it's so hard to know what to do really without doing overload!!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could write some stuff - a letter might be a bit emotional, but how about describing a normal day together with him at different ages, what he liked etc? Maybe try to think of the stuff Jon may not - mum stuff?

    loads of love
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you Clare. I like Julia's idea.

    I got my kids memory boxes from here: http://www.jaycee-crafts.com, she does some really nice things! Hope you don't mind me saying.

    R x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare,

    this sounds like a great idea and a good way for Jack to look back and remember all the things you did together and as a family.

    I think a letter from you would be good, emotional yes but when he is older I am sure he will appreciate what you have to say to him.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I'll help you, we've got that baby book to do & have you done his 1st Christmas book, we can do that too...whatever you put in it will be lovely, because it will be from you xxxx

    ReplyDelete