Consultants appointment today....
Didn't get seen until 10.30am!!
Saw Dr Hyde and she said that they now had the pathology reports back from the rib biopsy and it's the1st strain of cancer I had not the 2nd and that there probably wasn't much value in carrying on with the Herceptin...
I didn't agree and sais that the lung nodule may be HER2+ but she said it's more than likely the same as the rib cancer...so I asked how she can make that assumption without having done any kind of tests on it. So she went and had a word with Dr Charlton and he said I can stay on it for another 3mths and then see what the CT scan shows (which I'll be having before I see then again).
I also asked if I could have ovaries stopped to with Zoladex injections and she agreed, so a letter will be on it's way to my GP as they do the injections...will have to make an appointment early April to get it sorted out.
So after a bit of haggling I'm staying on the Herceptin carrying on with Taxmoxifen, having my ovaries stopped and having a CT scan prob in April or early May.
Well done for sticking to your guns Clare - just goes to show you need to argue your case with the docs - they may know a lot but they wont always know it all! And by you going with a path that you know suits you will no doubt help with your future health. Fx
ReplyDelete