Thursday, 4 March 2010

Oh I just seem to be a doom and gloom person at the moment and that's not how I like things...

I went to visit Paula yesterday and she's doing ok...we both had a few tears and then composed ourselves...

She's very tired and still cannot walk, she's having 5 lots of rads to her spine and will start oral chemo for the brain next week.

Not sure if it was the meds or not but she did seem confused and forgot Jack's name a couple of times...scary stuff

Will see how she's feeling over the weekend and if she's up to visitors I will go and see her again.

On another sad note my friend and (SW consultant) Claire lost her step son to the pointless 'war' in Afganistan....just feel so sad for her.  He was only home a month ago and was due to finish there in about 4 weeks...now he will be coming home to full military honours - RIP Richard Green....you gave your life for others..

Love Clare xx

2 comments:

  1. Sad sad sad - just saw his mum on the news. It's quite understandable to get bogged down when life all seems to be bad news. I find a good cuddle with a loving kiddy very cheering...or a tickling match...

    xxx
    Love
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare - you will never seem like a doom and gloom person to me! I promise you that. Very sad about your friend's step son though, and Paula of course. Hopefully there is something better for all of us "up there" where peace reigns and there is no sadness. R x x x

    ReplyDelete