Tuesday, 22 June 2010

I wrote a while back about my friend Paula.

She sent a text to me just before our holiday thanking me for the flowers I sent her and Matthew for their wedding day, I haven't heard from her since.

I have phoned her at home, on her mobile and texted...nothing.

This morning I thought I'd try one last time and rang her home phone.  Matthew answered and he was so sweet.  Paula has not had any visitors or taken any calls since she came out of hospital.

 She's doing as ok as can be but is sleeping most days as she is on so much medication.

Matthew suggested that I go round on Saturday morning or a while and I said that would be nice but if it causes and distress to her I'll just go home..I'll totally understand.

Her daughter Alice (she's 4) was mainly being looked after by Matthew's sister but they were dealt a blow 4 weeks ago when his sister was diagnosed with cervical cancer and is now undergoing radio and chemotherapy.

You think life's unfair until you hear things like this...

Love Clare xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh Clare that is just so sad. I hope your visit helps to lift her spirits a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, what a generosity of spirit you have to think of others, which you do all the time. Such a sad story, I do hope you get to see her and it isnt too upsetting for you.

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor family - certainly makes me count my blessings...

    ReplyDelete