Saturday, 12 June 2010

I've been patient (pardon the pun) and waited and waited...up until Friday I'd heard no word of when my radiotherapy planning might be.

I'd rung Dr C's secretary 3 times last week and not one courtesy call to say  'yes we know we're on it'.

Got in on Friday and there was a message from the radiotherapy planning team saying they were calling about my appointment made through my consultant...yes that's great but not even a hint as to when it would be and they'd all gone home when I rang back.

Being a bit of  'sherlock' I have  feeling it may be on Wednesday (no great detective really just that Dr C has clinic Mondays/Tues and Fri is out on Thurs so that leaves Weds!!)...it would have been good if they had said for definite as I could have been making childcare arrangements over the weekend...instead I won't find out until Monday!

Since I came back from our holiday the pain seemed to have subsided, just a sharp pain every now and then but this weekend it's back to being painful all the time and to make things worse I've got a cough and can't cough properly as it hurts too much.

I'm hoping that after Tuesday's treatment the pain might calm down again but I really need the rads to see it off properly.

Next week should see some action from the RBH...if not I'll be on the blower every day until it's sorted!!

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment