Went along for my session of radiotherapy to my ribs and asked if I could see consultant afterwards as I have a swelling on my neck. Not sure how long it's been there but quite noticable now.
Consultant examined me and is fairly certain that the swelling is not just a swelling.
He looked at my notes and what was found after my last scan (new lung and liver tumours) and has decided that we should start chemo again.
If they can get it organised for my next visit for Herceptin they'll do it all together and that will be 6th July.
Oh what joy to lose my hair again and all the other side effects that I have to watch out for.
Gutted to have to be starting chemo again but if it buys me more time then bring it on!
Feeling a bit deflated as I feel so well..
Clare xx
Consultant examined me and is fairly certain that the swelling is not just a swelling.
He looked at my notes and what was found after my last scan (new lung and liver tumours) and has decided that we should start chemo again.
If they can get it organised for my next visit for Herceptin they'll do it all together and that will be 6th July.
Oh what joy to lose my hair again and all the other side effects that I have to watch out for.
Gutted to have to be starting chemo again but if it buys me more time then bring it on!
Feeling a bit deflated as I feel so well..
Clare xx
Sorry to hear that Clare but fingers crossed it helps the fight. Try and stay positive and you know we are here if you need anything at all. H x
ReplyDeleteOh Clare, not what you wanted to hear, but if it helps then it has to be. At least it's summer - better losing hair when it's warm than when it's freezing!
ReplyDeleteTake care & much love. X
Aw Clare, I don't know what to say, like Tig says, if its worth it, its a small price to pay. Hugs to you by the bucketload my friend xxxx
ReplyDeleteMistyped, meant to say if it works its a small price to pay.
ReplyDeleteOhhh Clare, a ton of ((((hugs))) brave lady your bravery shines through in every post. You are an inspiration we should all live our lives like you as time with our friends and family is so precious and creates wonderful memories. Keep strong and fight this bloody disease. xxx
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and hugs to Jono and the Jackster.
ReplyDeleteClare, i'm speachless and feel so much for you to have to go through this again.
ReplyDeleteI know your strong so hang in there. Hugs to you all Sue xxxxxxx
My dear friend, words fail me (I'm not known for silence!), it's crap, but I am with you every step of the way. Love you lots xxxx
ReplyDeleteOh buggeration, f*ck and other very long swear words. Bl**dy horrible disease. I am really really angry. But onwards and upwards dear girl, whats a bit of hair loss eh ? I just hope it doesn't make you feel too poorly. Thinking of you my very brave friend.
ReplyDeleteAw Clare - sorry to hear that. :-( Hang in there - if it helps then as you say, "bring it on!"
ReplyDeleteClare. I'm so sorry to read this, as Wendy said it is crap.. big fat crap :-(
ReplyDeleteWish I could find better words...
Thinking of you xx
(((Clare)))
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to read this latest news. I have not been keeping up to date of late but I do think of you often and will be thinking of you even more now. Keep fighting brave lady. Much love xxx
What horrid news Clare - just hope the side effects don't get you down too much.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you like the others are, and sending you and your boys much love
Julia
xxx
Sorry you've got to have chemo and all the crap that goes with it again, but you know its gonna be worth it. Keep smiling as you always do - and if you want to borrow or sample my chemo wigs, just let me know :)xx
ReplyDeleteawwwww Clare (((((hugs))))) my friend.....I am so so sorry to read this news. Keep strong....and my thoughts are with you as you embark on this treatment.
ReplyDeleteMuch love
Lil
xx