What a busy week...
Monday - Jon, Jack and I went to Paulton's Park for the afternoon and had a wonderful time. It was fairly quiet and so we were able to go on rides as many times as we wanted (or my stomach could manage). The afternoon ended with Jack playing in the Water Kingdom and having a wail of a time. It was so hot so it made it all the more fun.
Tuesday - I went into town to find some sandals suitable for wearing all day. Got some and a couple more tops but when I got home and had my lunch I went really dizzy and had to lay down for a couple of hours.
Wednesday - out with friends in the evening and had a good chat and lots of laughs
Thursday - Strawberry Tea at the Houses of Parliament, it was such a nice day out with Wendy and Eileen. Wendy did a talk on the reasons why she fundraises for Breast Cancer Care and I very nearly cried at her kind and lovely words. The day was finished off with a trip to Pizza Express along the river and boy were my feet burning from the walking we did!
Friday - went to West Ward to have my bloods taken in preparation for starting Taxotere on Tuesday. I spoke to Kate the ward sister (lovely lady) and we agreed the next three treatment dates as I have to go on either a Friday or a Monday as I have to see the consultant first and he only does 'chemo clinics' on those days.
So my first treatment is this Tues (as I don't have to see Dr C for the first one), then Mon 2nd August and then Friday 27th August. We'll sort the rest out if and when I get there. The plan is 6 sessions of Tax but obviously if it's not working then it will finish sooner.
I'm not worried about having it done at all as I've done it before but more anxious about the side effects. Losing my hair again is a bummer but I have some scarves on the way as Sharon is making me some new ones. I can't for the life of me find my original ones and one of them was my favourite. How the heck do you get a favourite chemo scarf?!
Had a nice afternoon, just me as Helen took Jack to Lisa's so the children could play, that's what friends are for, being there when you need them.
Had a nice afternoon, just me as Helen took Jack to Lisa's so the children could play, that's what friends are for, being there when you need them.
Going to enjoy this weekend and try and get the house straight so I don't have to do it during the week.
Scary time ahead but one that I have to face if I want to carry on as I am now - socialising/shopping and enjoying my family!
Clare,
ReplyDeleteWishing you best of luck for this next round of chemo and I sincerely hope it does get rid of the nasties and that the side-effects are bearable.
Don't try to do too much (if that's possible!). I must say I can't really imagine you lying around not doing anything but you might just have to. Love to little Jack too he'll help you through this next hurdle.
Lots of love,
Aisha xxxx
Clare
ReplyDeleteHope it all goes well on Tuesday and will be thinking of you. Let's just hope side effects minimal but impact to nasties is mega.
I've checked to see if I have your chemo scarves but must have given them back to you - if you want mine let me know - plus if you're thinking about getting a wig let me know as I have a stand, hair products, etc. for it.
Otherwise, hope to catch up and see you soon xx
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you as always ♥ Hope all goes well with your first treatment and that the side effects are not too bad.
ReplyDeleteMuch love
Lil
xx
Hope all goes well Clare xx
ReplyDelete(((Clare))) I will be thinking of you tomorrow too xxx Hope it goes well and you don't get any unpleasant side effects. Much love, Liz xxx
ReplyDeleteHope it's not too awful Clare. Wish you didn't have to go through all this :-(
ReplyDeleteBig hugs to you, and have some for Jon and Jack too. Take care of each other
Lots of love xxxx