What a long day.
8.30am at the hospital to have my bloods done. Downstairs for my 9am appointment with Dr C. which is the biggest laugh ever as he doesn't get there until about 9.30 at the earliest!
There were 3 of us waiting that had bloods done and the path lab were on a go slow, so we all just sat there..
I got called in at 10.25, went into the side room and sat there for 35mins whilst I could hear through the door Dr C on the phone talking flicking through notes etc...so I read my book!
When he finally came in he was flustered s he's not very technical and he'd be struggling inputting things on the shared info screen, he is so funny.
Bloods were good so I got the go ahead for cycle 3.
He examined the swelling on my neck/shoulder and he thought it had changed since he last saw me. He's asking for a scan for me to be done before my next cycle. He isn't going to be around at my next appointment (his son is getting married in Ireland and he said he thinks he'd better show up on time!). He said that if there is change for the better carry on, if there is no change carry on and if it's got worse (particularly liver) then to have cycle 4 and he would have a think about what to do next.
Back up to the ward and I had to wait until 12.30 to get started. Not a problem as there were a good group of ladies to chat to and I had my book.
Managed to read all of it...it wasn't very long (Private Peaceful) but sad and I managed a few tears.
Home at 4pm after popping in to see Helen on the way home.
So that's half way through the scheduled treatment.
Next one Fri 17th September.
Hi Clare,
ReplyDeleteHalf way through - good for you! It's great that the next cycle can go ahead. I hope it gets rid of the buggers! I've just made the appointment for my yearly onc visit on 22 October, and of course I have to do the mammo before then. I hate mammos.
Have you read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? It's a great book, I read it in hospital when I had my op last March. Very light and nice, I'd highly recommend it.
All the best,
Love from Aisha xxxx
Aisha,
ReplyDeleteAlways on the look out for different books. Ones that are a bit more educational even if fiction.
Given up on girlie ones as they are really all the same and I get so disappointed when I get to the end that I've wasted my time on them.
Just started The Kite Runner...so far so good.
C x
I don't do girlie books either.
ReplyDeleteAt the moment I'm reading Mornings in Jenin. It is a really good book but very very sad. I've read the Kite Runner too. I'd put them both in about the same style.
For education, have you tried Reginald Hill? He writes the Dalziel and Pascoe series, and you have to have a dictionary at hand to look up the long words :D That's where I learnt 'sartorial' and 'tmesis', for example.
Happy reading!
Love from Aisha xxxx
Clare, Sorry it was such a long day but glad you got to chat with other ladies, and read a whole book ! Sorry, this is turning into a book thread, but I have just read 'The Kite Runner' Very memorable and rather sad, but very interesting insight into a world we know nothing about, and only see on the TV.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are now half way through Clare. Hope like anyhting you will not feel completely and utterly crap this time. Much love from me as always xxx
ReplyDelete