Gutted..
Got called to one side at school today and one of Jack's teachers said his behaviour this week has been unacceptable...
Hitting, elbowing, answering back...even throwing himself on the floor when he doesn't get his own way. I am so upset as I try hard to be firm with him but sometimes I just give in and let him have his own way.
I ordered quite a bit of Bakugan stuff for him yesterday (using his Xmas money) and now I know I can't give it to him until his behaviour improves. He's ruined what should have been a nice surprise.
What frustrates me most is when either Jon or I ask why he does 'naughty' things he always says 'I don't know' or' my brain made me do it'.
Tough love this weekend...won't be going anywhere 'nice' as that would be rewarding him. May take him for a walk to feed ducks but NOT go to the park after.
No DS or Wii for him this weekend.
xxx Hope the weekend's been ok and teachers are prepared to forgive, forget and move on this week.
ReplyDeletelove
Julia
Hi Clare,
ReplyDeleteDon't be too upset with Jack - boys get a rush of hormones at this age and with starting school it's a lot to deal with. You and Jon are great parents and we all have times when we know we should be firmer but aren't. Jack will be just fine. Have faith in him and you'll see (and he looked gorgeous in his new school uniform). Big hugs, Jan x
Hope this week is better. Its very hard to be tough sometimes. I do find the ds or wii very useful for using as a bribe or punishment. Also they are sometimes very surprised that you know what goes on at school - so that might help now he knows you know
ReplyDeleteProbably just trying to test his boundaries and finding that they're a little tighter than what he thought they would be. He'll settle down and realise that if you do the right things then good things come in return.
ReplyDelete