Saturday, 25 June 2011

Today was 'Happy Saturday' with Wendy

Left home at 11am to get the train to Paddington.

Taxi to The Ivy...had drink in a pub nearby (Bacardi/coke) then made our way to our lunch date..

Both of us had a very nice glass of champagne, warm bread and ordered our main meal..

I had Roast Somerset Lamb with summer vegetable hash & rosemary, buttered Cornish new potatoes and cauliflower gratin washed down with a Rioja Rosado 'Tremendus' 2009 and for dessert chocolate pudding with peppermint ice cream.

Waiters very attentive and the whole atmosphere just perfect.

After we made our way to Covent Garden where I managed to buy some Mac eyeliner -oops!, a Sulley (monsters inc) and Toy Story pea pod for Jack's new room...

Pimms on the Cattershall Castle riverboat,  walked to Oxford Street to find an M&S so I could buy some flip flops...managed to get 2 pairs as I really couldn't decide what colour...blue or purple!

Back home at 7.30pm and nibbles/dips/choc/popcorn/wine and watched DVD Charlie St Cloud (not as good as the book)

So a fab day had with my dear friend Wendy...

We managed between us (Jon, Wendy & I) at home to down, one bottle Pinot, one bottle Zinfandel, one bottle Pinot Canti and 3 bottles Cider...hasten to add Jon was worse for wear....Wendy just tipsy (hardened drinker that one) and me well...considering I haven't been able to drink for a while I surprisingly sober...what's that all about?


Love Clare xx

3 comments:

  1. So glad you both had a happy Saturday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a perfect Saturday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Happy Saurday - well done girls :-)

    ReplyDelete