Thursday, 21 July 2011

Kathy's funeral today.

A sad occasion but one that I managed to get through without crying.  Hard?...no not really, Wendy said that those that cried probably identify her death with themselves...same age, child same age family etc etc...and it's very frightening to think of your own mortality, therefore making your mind work overtime...I have had 5yrs to come to terms with it so whilst I was sad for Kathy and her family, I didn't feel the need to cry for myself.  I am a strange one I suppose...

A nice service at the crem with nice tributes, a couple of hymns (oh how I hate hymns at funerals as no one can manage to sing properly...except the man behind me who sang rather good actually) and a reading. 

Very spooky actually as when I got home, Iris the celebrant who I've chosen to do my funeral, had rung me for a catch up and see how I was doing.

So whilst it was a very sad day, Kathy is no longer in pain or facing uncertainty.  Trevor and Emma however are just starting out on a journey that at times will be difficult but mostly filled with love and new experiences for both of them.

RIP Kathleen

Love Clare xx

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazingly strong person and you always have been. Keep strong and big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete