Tuesday, 6 September 2011

So another school year begins.

Y1 for Jack today and he walked up the lane with Megan very nicely indeed.  Pouring with rain mind you but he didn't seem to care.

Yesterday he asked me if he'll get chickenpox again and I said no you normally only get it once and I asked why he was asking.  He said Alice had chickenpox and her Mum died - I have no idea how he's linked the two as they aren't!  I said yes she did but she was very poorly.  End of conversation.

He was upstairs with Jon last night and asked him if I was going to die soon.  I think children know and feel a lot more than we give credit for.

I had a word with him on my own and said that yes I was poorly but not as poorly as Alice's Mum was and that I will not be going anywhere just yet.

So hard to protect them but should they be protected?...I'm not sure either way.

Anyway, enough of that enjoying my first day on my own resting and catching up with a couple of recordings.

Love Clare xx

2 comments:

  1. Clare, I think you handled Jack's questions very well. An inspiration as always. Hope to see you soon, Fayex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Clare, I have to admit I cried reading that post. What intuitive little souls children are. Its difficult to realise how much they take in at the moment, but you are right you are not going anywhere just yet.
    My personal thought would be to protect my child, they would only worry and make things harder for you I think - but thats just my opinion.

    Love as always

    ReplyDelete