Sunday, 13 November 2011

Had a lovely day up in London with Wendy for an Afternoon Tea at St James Hotel.

Went 1st Class to Paddington and taxi to Harrods, had a good look around the Christmas shop, very nice indeed.

Stopped off at Cafe Rouge for drinks, both of us had 2 glasses of wine. 

Then when we went to leave I had a 'funny' turn.

Lost the use of my right side and went down like a sack of spuds in the gutter outside Harrods. A family walked past and stared, so I said I'm not drunk just ill, then they came back for a better look!! A lady stopped and helped Wendy get me up, nearly got run over by a taxi, can laugh now. Was more worried I'd ripped my leggings or scuffed my boots!

It literally last 5mins or so, and after all is ok again.  Taxi to hotel where we had a delicious tea.  Champers to start, dainty sandwiches/warm scones with cream, jam and the best ever lemon curd/fancy cream cakes (small ones but very rich), washed down with blackcurrant tea.

Made our way back by taxi to Paddington and managed to get a few 'supplies' in M&S for the evening ahead.

Have woken this morning (5am) with really bad pains in my knees, feels like someone has knee capped me.

Maybe alcohol doesn't agree with me after all, saying that the last time I had leg pain I hadn't had any alcohol.

Will do some investigation.

So nice quiet day here with the exception of me wincing every 2 seconds!

**update** - knee pain has gone, didn't even notice it go just went, but that's all good.

Love Clare xx

1 comment:

  1. Apart from your 'funny turn' sounds like you had a lovely day out with Wendy, I'm going to be dreaming about warm scones and jam tonight, lucky Ian eh!

    ReplyDelete