So, finally I realise that I cannot do things that I used to take for granted.
Since Jack was born I've cross stitched him Birthday and Christmas cards and (if I may say so myself) a fab Advent Calendar. I knew I would struggle to do a card this year but boy didn't realise just how much of a struggle it would be. Right hand fingers played up and left eye all blurry. Jack will no doubt love it anyway. I think my stitching days are well and truly over.
Now, I know I'm a bit daft at times and today was one of those. Needed some black thread to use for back stitch, went into cupboard under stairs where my cross stitch stuff is, knelt down got the thread and then couldn't get up, stuck in a cupboard, it is funny now but not at the time.
I can't weight bear on my right side, started crying as thought I'd be there all day, then had a quick word with myself. Gathered my thoughts, sat for 5mins and hoisted myself up with the aid of the flash mop, first time I've touched it for months!!
Cannot believe what we take for granted day by day.
I struggle with stairs/getting dressed/having a bath/getting in and out of a car, all things that 8 months ago were just normal to me.
Need to face up to it, it ain't going to get better, ever the optimist though, it could do!
Love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray for the mop!! Focus on the things you can do and at the top of the list:- be a great Mum, wonderful Wife and fabulous friend.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and sending (((hugs))) and much love Xx
Hilary
I agree with Hilary. Great sentiments.
ReplyDeleteSue xx