Thursday, 8 December 2011

A whole week and no update, sorry but been busy being busy and making the most of feeling well.

Sunday Ellan my Mac Nurse popped in to see how I was, ok but may have over done it Saturday.  We agreed that the Macmillan Dr would come and see me Monday.

Jon and Jack put the Christmas decs up, Santa's grotto it may be but Jack loves it and that's what matters.

Mac Nurse and Dr both came out Monday and went through my medication,  resulting in a change of the amount of Anti- convulsion tabs so now I am on 2 at 8am and 2 at 8pm.  Since Tues no head pain/sickness, so that seems to have worked.

Had a very nice Xmas lunch with friends yesterday.

Jean from Daisy's Dream http://www.daisysdream.org.uk/ came to talk to Jack, I was out of the room for the most of it but at first she explained who she was and what she does.  She said she helps children who's Mummy's or Daddy's are ill.  He clambered across the sofa and gave me a huge cuddle with tears in his eyes.  He could really remember what they talked about, typical.  But he can now decide if he wants to see her here or at school.

My GP highly recommended them and to get involved before 'the event' instead of after.  Oh I like that 'The Event'.

Hilary took me shopping today so that's out the way, as hospital again tomorrow.  My treatment buddy finishes tomorrow so cream cakes from M&S. Taking tin of celebrations in for nurses as last treatment before Christmas.  They get so many but can share out and take home.

Jack's Christmas play this evening, really looking forward to it.

So that's been my week, really happy that I can function a bit more 'normally' and have only had 2 'episodes' as the Dr calls them, before changing tab amount.

Happy here today, well I am most days but even more today.

Love Clare xx

1 comment:

  1. Clare I am so pleased you are getting some good medical and emotional support - it is so important. Have to admit to tears as your gorgeous Jack cuddling you with tears in his eyes. Bless him.

    Great news you have been feeling better this week too.

    'The Event'! Made me smile

    Take care, love to your boys Alex. x x x x

    ReplyDelete