Friday, 13 January 2012

Knew I had to go to hospital at 11am but just couldn't get going after rubbish nights sleep. Jon took Jack to school.
Jon my wonderful hubby showered me as I just had no energy.
Kevin's Mum and Dad have loaned me a wheelchair which proved invaluable today, just sat there and got pushed (Little Britain - hee hee)

My consultant wasn't there (skiing - again).  Saw another man who was very thorough and said he'd put in for a  scan of neck/abdomen and pelvis.  The pain in my side may not be the liver but poss ribs so they will look at that.  He asked if I had lost appetite, well believe it or not I have!

He said was I taking the painkillers I told him only at night as they zonk me out but now Jack will be at breakfast club I can take them all day (well not ALL day).

Got home and only managed 3 cheese and biscuits for lunch.  Bed all afternoon pain killers and slept.  Now feel 99.9% better than this morning.

So upshot is:
CT scan hopefully within 2 weeks.
Ask Ellan (MacNurse) about pain relief (Oramorph type of liquid morphine - eek).
Next apt 10th Feb to get scan results.
District Nurse to see me 25th Jan - from GP surgery.
Next 'normal' treatment day (Herceptin/Zometa) on 20th Jan
Heart scan 3rd Feb

All go at RBH for me.

Love Clare xx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Clare
    Good to read you are being looked after well - just as it should be.
    Guess you just need to listen to your body, and not punish yourself if you do need to spend day in bed - easier said than done I know, as I know you will want to be up and about with Jack and Jon.
    As for medication, take what you need to make you comfortable - they may make you sleepier to start with but your body will adjust.
    Good luck with scan
    love to you all
    Fi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare hope you get scan soon, I think further pain relief will help make you more comfortable, youve just made me smile about Little Britain your sense of humour is amazing !! Hope you get some rest Clare thinking of you Jono and Jack always lots of love Mandy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh pair of eyes taking a look at you is no bad thing. Sounds like the rest is doing you good so hope you can grab it while your little man is at school x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you all the time Clare, I hope you can be more comfortable asap. Hmmm maybe I should try to tempt you with some French goodies...
    Lots of love,
    Aisha xxxx

    ReplyDelete