Thursday, traumatic (for me anyway), CT Scan. Nothing unusual about that but I'd been up to the chemo ward to have my port excesses so the contrast dye could be put through. They took one look down in X-Ray and weren't at all pleased. This was after I'd already had a terrible experience in the toilet with the barium meal!!
I eventually managed to get across that the port was accessed on the chemo ward BUT then they asked how much dye to put through, surely my notes should say that? Anyway after getting on and off the bed twice they did I it for me. Since 2009 I have never had such trouble. Ended up so upset.
Chemo nurses were furious so it wasn't just me.
Friday, much better day at hospital, heart Echo and the cardio man was lovely,took his time and let me lay on my back instead of my side..totally different experience.
Today, had a lovely lie-in and actually had a bit of Jono's deelish roast (not as good as mine).
Each day is different and so that's how we take it.
Thank you all for your lovely comments/emails and messages...not giving up yet, none of us are.
Love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Carry on fighting Clare! You're an inspiration to us all. love Gill xxx
ReplyDeleteClare, so sorry you had a bad experience at the hospital, no wonder you were upset. I'm so glad you're managing to eat, even though Jono's roast wasn't as good as yours :-).
ReplyDeleteGood for you all for not giving up, why should you? You are and always will be a fighter Clare. Always thinking of you my friend.
Lotsa love, Marie xxx
Clare
ReplyDeleteIt was lovely to see you today. You do look well.
It was sad to hear and read about the bad time you had a the hospital. Hope this was a one off.
Carry on fighting Clare and remember you have lots of love and support.
Love Sinead xx
I read your "wafflings" & facebook statuses & always want to comment but a lot of times I really don't know what to say :-( Everyone says you are an inspiration & you truly are. If this cruel disease could be beaten on sheer courage & determination you would've had this sucker well & truly zapped.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the fighting spirit. Sending you lots of love, Lisa Pyner xx
I think that probably is what we all feel, Lisa. I just hope that Clare, Jon and Jack know how much we all think of them and that love can be felt at a distance. Keep fighting, Clare for as long as you can but also rest so that you can enjoy such things as Jon's roast! Let's get all our priorites right...Roast dinner on a Sunday, yeh! Love you xxx
ReplyDeleteClare,
ReplyDeleteWhat a rotten time you had at the hospital, hopefully, never to be repeated...........
I think of you everyday and always look to read your status on FB as to how you are doing, and of course, I read on here, I don't often comment but sometimes I just don't know what to say but also know from my own experience , its nice to know someone is thinking of you....
Your spirit is amazing Clare, keep enjoying the special things in life
lots of love to you Jul's (water)