Monday, 29 December 2008
I really dislike this time between Christmas and New Year....it's kind of no-mans land, food and drink to use up, an excuse to carry on eating/drinking...even though I know I shouldn't!!
I want to get on and get started with my resolutions and my main one is to lose all the weight I've put on since August. I know I say it every year but I'm now actually disgusted with the amount of weight I've piled on.
When I found out about my new diagnosis in June I just though 'what the F' I'll eat what I like...and so now I'm a stone and a half more than I was 4 months ago.
I have lots to look forward to in 2009....
Mum's 80th, Jack's 3rd, my 43rd!!, a holiday to Spain to see Paul and Janys and of course 'The Pink Ball'.
I will never forgive myself if I feel/look fat and have to 'make do' with a dress that I don't really like.
I'm going to follow the Slimming World eating plan again, I know it works if I stick at it, so today I made some batches of chilli/spag bol and some soups for lunchtime to give me a kick start.
When I saw the registrar a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I don't get regular periods but when I do they are evil...well I have another, only 30 or so days after the last. I did talk about having the Zolodax injection but for some reason they keep putting me off and saying that it'll bring on the menopause and 'all that comes with it'.....I bet it's not as miserable as I'm feeling today!! Oh well lets hope that they are few and far between in 2009!! If not I will be asking for a solution!
Jack has been a joy to be with these last few days, really giggly and cuddly, not the misery he was when he had thet horrible cold and who could blame him it was really bad for him.
He's now going to bed on his own, we just read a story for him and that's it main light out (he has a Roary Car Go Glow Light) and door shut. He's even managed to last all night with just coming in at 6am the last few days..the best bit as I get to have big cuddles.
Really looking forward to New Year and to not having regrets next year that I had this year.....
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My dear friend, the Pink Ball will be fabulous and so will you....I'm with you all the way, those pounds will be falling off both of us!!
ReplyDeleteAs long as some weight comes off me as well please :-) I am going to do Slimming World as well (bored of WeightWatchers).
ReplyDeleteLovely upbeat post Clare. I am looking forward to some new starts in 2009 - one of which is to be determined to do better in mu job, then I might enjoy it more.
take care honey Alexandra x
Wendy - it's do-able I know and I will be so upset if I don't do it.
ReplyDeleteAlex - I'm sure you're great at your job already...2008 has been a pants year for quite a few of us what with one thing and another. Join us on the SW plan and we'll all be 'Skinny Minnie's' by July!!
love Clare xx