My 1st radiotherapy went according to plan. Of course they were running late and I didn't get in until 5.50pm (app was 4.10pm)..must make mental note to:
a) Not stress about getting there bang on the appointment time and
b) Take my book to read
It took more time to get me in place on the table and all lined up with the lasers, the actual 'radiotherapy' only took 2 minutes.
I have some instructions:
- Do not shave for the duration of the treatment - one hairy armpit there then
- Try not to wear underwired bras - easier said than done when you have big boobs that need keeping in place!
- No deodorant at all for 6 weeks - pongey
So I'll look great...Smelly, hairy armpit and uncontrolable boobs.
They gave me all my appointments up to 24th January, so at least I know where I am with those AND they have once again come up trumps apart from the odd 11am appointment nearly all of them are early ones, 9am or 9.10am I can go to lunch on Friday as well as they swapped my 1pm slot for an 8.40am one.
They gave me some cream to put on the site that's being zapped so I expect it will get quite sore...ouch!
love Clare xx
No comments:
Post a Comment