Saturday 9th December 2006
Last night I went on my works (departmental) Christmas meal...apart from that fact that the food was so scrummy all my work colleagues were so sweet.
It also happened to be The Company's Christmas party at the local police stations social club and we all went on there after the meal.
I haven't been into work since the week before Chemo started and so I was a bit nervous at seeing everyone ( which is bizarre as I don't really do nervous). I had a really good time and did a lot of catching up with people I haven't seen for a long time. They all thought my hair was 'cool' and considering I haven't done anything to it except let it grow I just took the compliments.
My manager was brilliant (as usual), he is insistant that I don't come back until I'm 100% ready (I never was when I was healthy)I had the most alcohol since Jack was born..6 Bacardi and cokes, 4 lagers and a wine and came home totally sober..isn't that always the way??I wasn't going to go and I'm so glad I did.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment