Wednesday 6th December 2006
I start my course of Radiotherapy next Monday (11th).
Went for my Radiotherapy preparation appointment today. It took 50mins altogether, they place you under a machine with green laser beams and measure your shape.
So when I go each day they know exactly where I should be laying.I was drawn on all over my top half, the pen marks will come off but they do ‘tattoo’ you with Indian ink in four places. I’ll need to scrub hard in the shower tonight.
I know you can’t pick and choose appointment times but next weeks are 4.10pm, 9.30pm, 1pm, 9.30pm and 1pm. Not too bad but the 1pm ones just muck the whole day up really and there will be little or no chance of a car parking space at the 4.10pm slot.
The actual procedure only takes 10mins but they say to allow at least 45mins to an hour in case they are running behind.
I have something planned every day next week and now have to alter arrangements. I was supposed to be lunching with friends next Friday and after we finally agreed on a day to meet (some taking time off work) and managing to book somewhere, I have to call off.
I do know what’s more important but had made plans on the understanding that the radiotherapy would start in the New Year.
So the last part of treatment will be underway in less than a week and hopefully that will be it for a good while.
Poor Jon he gets so sad. He was in the waiting room and said in all the time that he was there all the people coming and going were old and why did I have to get cancer so young. I can't answer that one...wish I could.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment