Monday 15th December 2008
5th Herceptin
The usual rush to get Jack sorted and out of the house by 7.45am.
Got the hospital for 8.30am and let them know on West Ward that I was there, so they could 'order' my drugs.
Went downstairs to the Cancer Clinic and booked in there only to be told that although my appointment was at 9am the consultant would be ther until nearer 10am - grrr!!
Anyway, I was seen earlier by his registrar. She said the Echo results were fine and signed me off to have 4 more lots of treatment.
She examined me and said everything was ok. I told her about the pain in my side and she didn't seem too worried as she couldn't feel anything weong with my liver so she's arranging a CT scan for the end of Feb so that when I see the consultant next time the results of that and the next Echo will be with him.
Went back up to the chemo ward and expected to wait a while but was called straight in and started on by 10.15am.
Finished at 12.30 and was back at Mum and Dad's by 12.45am.
Jack was poorly today and had slept most of the morning, so I took advamtage of that and whilst he was sleeping again in the afternoon I went for a lay down...for 2hrs!!
So next one after New Year - Monday 5th and then swapping to Tuesdays from then on.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Calre, Love the new 'pink' blog. Glad your appointment went well, and was over and one with quite quickly. So no more treatments till Jan, and your pains gone etc - all great news.
ReplyDeleteAlexandra x x x
Now, I thought I had just put a comment up but cant see it ?? Try again ... glad you appointment went well, and weas over and done with relatively quickly. Also please all the pain has gone. All set for a lovely Christmas now. Love the new PINK blog.
ReplyDeleteAlexandra
and now theres two comments LOL LOL !
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am SO pleased you have done this! :-D Glad the appointment was routine and you did not have to hang around for ages. Hope Jack is better now. (((HUGS))) xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies...hopefully I'll post more about how I feel between treatment as well as the actual treatment
ReplyDeleteA very posh blog, I love it xxx
ReplyDeletelovely girly blog, glad to be back in contact again, get well vibes to you and Jack love Becxxxx
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting me in Clare! I'm delighted you're doing this - I appreciate knowing how you're getting on chum. I'm so glad that your appointment went well :o)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely Christmas honey - bet Jack's really excited this year! xxxx