Friday, 19 December 2008
So pleased that I now have somewhere to carry on my 'Waffling'...and only people that I want to read it can and those who do read it can post comments if they wish not because they feel they have to.
Have felt rubbish since Monday and think some of it may be due to the treatment as it can give 'flu like' symptoms.
Heard some bad/sad news this week in that my exhubby has bowel cancer...
I'm not sure how I should feel...part of me is sad as I don't want him to go through all that it entails and the other part of me feels bad for having any feelings where he's concerned at all, as we split in 1993 and have only seen each other twice since then.
This crap disease is so in your face all the time...I bet there isn't one person who doesn't know someone with cancer....grrr!
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(((Clare)))
ReplyDeleteHope the flu like symptoms improve soon. It is horrid feeling yucky.
Sorry about your ex. Most people would not wish things like this on their worst enemies. If it is any consolation my mum's brother was diagnosed with bowel cancer about 4 years ago. He has had two ops but did not need chemo or anything else and has been fine since. He seems to have fared a lot better than my mum TBH, so hopefully your ex's will be fully treatable with "just" surgery. :-/
(((HUGS))) to you xxx
Jane,
ReplyDeleteHe's had surgery/scepticemia which resulted in thrush of the mouth which in turn led to weight loss and he's just about to start chemo!! So let's hope he's as lucky as your Uncle.
love Clare xx
Poor man. Ex or not, you have to feel sad about this. Mark took it very badly at first when Paris was diagnosed.
ReplyDelete(((HUGS))) to you and healing vibes to your ex
Aw Clare that's bad news.
ReplyDeleteI recently heard that my ex partner has a baby son in hospital with a very serious illness and I felt sad for him. I guess once someone has been part of your life in such an intimate way you never completely stop caring so I wouldn't feel guilty if I were you.
I bet there isn't one person who doesn't know someone with cancer either. I hope that they manage to turn it into a manageable chronic condition sometime soon.
I hope you are feeling better soon as well.
Rachel x