Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Thursday 12th June 2008

Well, after posting good news last week, today I received a letter from the hospital asking me to go back for a Breast Ultrasound Screening.

Obviously the consultant that day just skimmed over the films and said she was happy with them. I rang them and asked why but of course I only spoke to the receptionist who doesn't know the ins and outs of why we are given appointments. She did give me a number of the specialist nurse who can tell me why they want to see me but of course she had her answer phone on all afternoon.

I was given a date of 17th June with the results on 24th at my next Onc appointment. I am off to a day at Ascot Races on 17th so they have changed it to 24th and I should still get the results that afternoon if I tell them that I'm seeing Onc.

To say I'm gutted is an understatment, I just don't want or need any further treatment at the moment as my life (apart from the underlying threat of dying early) is for me just how I want it.

Of course it may be nothing but when you have this crap disease that is just lurking in the back ground, waiting to bite you on the bum again any slight concern over scan/mammo results put the wind up me.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment