Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Thursday 19th October 2006

We had a meeting with my care nurse today to discuss the op and after effects.

She explained that as well as taking the tumour and surrounding tissue from my boob, they are going to take all my lymph nodes out from under my right arm and that the armpit will swell and I can't use deodorant for 3-4 weeks under that arm..how stinky is that. I'll have 2 drains in the wound sites and a scar on my boob (like I care about that)I won't be able to drive for 3-4 weeks or pick up heavy things.

I'm going to need serious help with Jack, so glad Jon is at home to help. I am a bit freaked by it all now and worried about my recovery and not being able to do what I need for Jack.

My head is all over the place at the moment as I've so much to think about and do before the 29th. Oh well..house is looking a bit tidier today and have done 2 charity bags of clothes..long over due I must say.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment