Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Thursday 27th March 2008

Haven't updated for a while as there has been so much sad stuff going on with Nicky and Julie. I just didn't want to repeat it all. Julie had her liver scan yesterday and it came back all clear. She just has to get through the bone scan today and then we can sort of do a big sigh of relief...she still has to face chemo and radiotherapy.

Me...well I'm just going along trying to be of support to family and friends who need it and also trying my hardest to cope with a very independent nearly 2 yr old.

I had my chest scan last week just to satisfy my oncologist that the pain I was getting was being caused by my gallbladder/gallstones and nothing more sinister. I had to phone the hospital Tuesday to speak to his secretary to get a message to him to look up my scan results...what happened to automatic reminders.

I tried to phone all day and she had her answer phone on, so I rang the cancer centre and spoke to an extremely rude lady who couldn't have cared less if my legs had just fallen off. She couldn't possibly take a message or tell me when the secretary was back in work...she did eventually put me through to the 'general secretaries' and I was a bit dubious that my message would get through as the nice lady I spoke to took the message and nearly finished the call without taking my name or hospital number.

Anyway...my consultant phoned yesterday and said that he is satisfied that there is nothing on the scan that he should be worried about and he's done a letter of referral to the 'gallbladder bloke'.

So a busy time coming up...birthdays all round...Mum's, Jack's, mine, a couple of friends, all Jack's friends, our anniversary, gallbladder surgery and finding time to support those who need it.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment