Saturday 10th May 2008
It's been a long time since I did an update as not much to report on me apart from the fact that I'm going in for my gallbladder removal on 22nd May...just under 2 weeks..yippee!
Julie is doing well and has made a good recovery from her mastectomy and node clearance op. She started chemo last Friday (2nd) and is on the same regime as I was (FEC) so I've been able to tell her how it effected me...or rather didn't.
Nicky has had his results and they are better than he first thought. Anyway, he has to be treated in Newcastle as the last known case where he lives was 20yrs ago (there are only 2000 cases diagnosed every year).
He's having another op in a couple of weeks to take more tissue and ensure clear margins and then that's it, as the best news was it hasn't spread.
He'll be in hospital for a week and then it's a long recovery.
So whilst I've been ok, just plodding along it's all be going on around me.
I have to see a new Occ Health Dr soon and that is stressing me a bit as I had a very good relationship with the old one and saw him at my place of work, I have to travel a 40mile round trip to see the new one and I'm concerned that he/she is only doing the job for extra money as they are based at a cosmetic surgery hospital....guess they'll know nothing about cancer then.
We shall see...I may be totally wrong.I'm waiting for a date for my mammogram in June and that is stressful, I know I have to have it done but am terrified of what the results will be.
I'm fast approaching 2yrs since my diagnosis (1.05pm/31st May-a date and time I will never forget) and that scares me how fast time goes...if I follow the 'average' persons prognosis for the type and grade of cancer I have then I'm already halfway to living on borrowed time...buy hey, I'm not 'average' I'm me.
I'm trying to enjoy what time I have with Jack whilst I'm healthy enough to and at the moment I'm loving every minute of it. I do have 'dark' days but then everyone does even if they are fit and well, so all in all I think I cope quite well - sorry just blowing my own trumpet there!
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment