Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Thursday 31st July 2008

Getting a bit worried now…not about the actual operation that doesn’t worry me at all.

I’m worried what effect having a mastectomy will have on me as a person. I like the way I am at the moment and would hate to end up self conscious just because of what this shitty disease has done to my body.

I won’t let this setback beat me in to early surrender; I have so much more I want to do with Jack and Jon.

My sister came over at the weekend and we had a good chat, she has sent my picture to Lourdes with her friend so that prayers can be said…I hope they work.

I have my things ready for my hospital stay…quite costly as I had to have new things…(well more a case of wanted rather than had to have new things). I will be packing my Ipod, book, cross stitch, magazines…may even treat myself to Patientline tv, as I don’t think I can miss Big Brother for 5 days (how sad is that).

I am so nosey though that I probably won’t get any reading done and my Ipod will be switched off every time someone starts talking…lol.

Sunday lunch at Mum and Dad's, back here to have bath do hair etc and then I have to be there at 6pm..ridiculous as I’m not having it done until late Monday morning.

I have to be at the Medical Physics department at 9.40am to have the dye for the node biopsy injected and to my horror they expect you to walk there in your hospital gown and dressing gown…no way – it’s at the opposite end of the hospital, so jogging bottoms and t-shirt will be worn.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment