Tuesday 10th October 2006
After thinking we'd have a long wait we were called in to see the surgeon 2mins before the appointment time.
Well....The breast tumour has shrunk from 39mm to 13mm which apparently is excellent. The tumours in the liver and lung have responded well to the chemo but haven't totally gone.
So the plan of action is this...Lumpectomy planned for Mon 30th October and the lymph nodes will be taken out as well. I'll be in hospital for 4 days, Daddy will be in sole charge of Jack.The surrounding tissue will be sent for analysis and if they think I need one a mastectomy will be done at a later date.
After about 3 weeks I'll see the consultant again and he will have clearer picture of the next step which at the moment is possibly radiotherapy and tamoxifen. They did warn me that another lot of chemo could be on the cards.
I did mention the ovaries being taken out and he said that will be decided at a later date.
So all in all quite good news I suppose, lets just hope that the liver and lung tumours behave for a few years.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment