Saturday 30th September 2006
Well, the chemo is over (for now at least).
Good news first...Saw the consultant as well yesterday and had some more positive news. When I was admitted overnight the other week they did a chest x-ray at the same time, well the consultant said that the shadow on the lung seems to have disappeared.
He stressed that only the CT scan can give an accurate result, so roll on Monday.
I was treated to a lovely mammogram after my chemo as they managed to squeeze me in (no pun intended) so all the info will be there when I next see the consultant and surgeon (on 10th October).
I also had an ultrasound and the Radiographer was beaming all over her face…the mammogram and ultrasound I had in May showed the tumour to be approx 7cms and now it’s shrunk to between 1cm and 2cms – how good is that.
The chemo wasn’t too bad and I’m so glad its over now…did finish on an embarrassment…As the nurse took out the canula and said that’s it then..I threw up!!! (in a bowl Jon managed to pass to me just in time) I think it was the pure relief that it was all over.
The MacMillan coffee morning was on in the reception area and I had to wait until after the mammogram to go there as I was pushed for time..to my disgust there were only a few cakes left!!! Did managed to buy a plate of small cakes to take home though.
When I was waiting to see the consultant the nurse on reception was waving a piece of paper at me and shouting out for all to hear…ooh you’re famous. It was the article and picture of us in the local paper; she thought it was lovely, I’m not so sure.
So that’s it for a week or so and then we’ll know exactly what’s what and the next stage of treatment.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment