Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Wednesday 13th June 2007

I’ve just come back from my meeting with OH Dr (wonderful as always), had a really good chat with him. I explained to him that because I look ok and am managing to do 'normal' things everyday I feel like a cheat and a fraud -at this point he told me off. He doesn't think that there is any way I can return to work in the near future. In his vast experience (his words) as an OH Dr he said that coming back or being persuaded to come back would be detrimental to my health (mind and possibly body).

He realises my priorities have changed as has my GP. I said I was concerned that the hospital assume that as I have had good results I'm ok and have given the 'ok' for me to return to work.

He explained that all they are concerned with is the treatment side of things and the mental side is a whole different ball game. He is going to write a report to my manager saying that although I’m ‘stable’ at the moment a return is out of the question for now and he will see me in 6mths time. There are some good employers out there and I work for one of the fairest ones about, it’s big Company so they can’t really afford to be seen as being unfair/unkind.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment