Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Wednesday 15th November 2006

Had my follow-up appointment with my consultant yesterday....The breast cancer has gone and I don't need further surgery (boobs all present and correct).

All the margins around the tumour were clear so that is excellent.He said the op went as planned and there was no cancer left in my lymph nodes (30 of them altogether), the chemo well and truly did it's job and cleared them.

He was a bit worried that the registrar who did the op did such a good job of putting me back together (he is frightened of the competition the wounds have already healed superbly).

The nurse only managed to get off 2 syringes of fluid..which apparently is good, what do I know, some people have pints of the stuff.

So now I'm on a daily dose of Tamoxifen until told otherwise (I think the most is 5yrs) and I will start Radiotherapy in the New Year, every day for 6 weeks..how exciting, can't wait..NOT

Now it's up to me to let them know if I feel ill or 'odd' in any way (well that's all the time!!) and they can help me if they can...another course of chemo in the future will be on that cards if I'm well enough. I guess that'll be just when I get my hair back to a style and colour I like!!

Of course I asked how long do they think I have...surprise surprise no reply on that one, as there are people with metastatic cancers that are in their 15th year..lets just hope I can be one of the long termers. I'd have been gutted if he'd have said a couple of years max!! Why on earth did I ask??

So thankfully and hopefully my waffling will go quiet for a while (I might pop on now and again to complain about the tablets giving me flushes, making me gain weight etc etc..)

It's so nice to know that I don't have to go to the hospital until the New Year.

I've had somuch support and have a long way to go...but I travel well.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment