Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Wednesday 3rd January 2007

Festivities are over and we are getting back to some sort of normality.

Jack loved his first Christmas, his behaviour was impeccable, considering there were lots of new faces in our house over the week.

Thank goodness we moved in time for new toys!!

Just about half way through my radiotherapy and it’s very tiring. Not sure if it’s the actual treatment or the travelling back and forth each day or the fact that we have a very active 8mth old.

I’m lucky that we only live a couple of miles from the hospital but the traffic means that I have to leave fairly early and then I could get there and they’ll be running late.

I saw the registrar today as I was unsure about a couple of things, I wasn’t sure if the Tamoxifen treated the liver and lung tumours as well as the breast area. He explained that the tumours in the liver and lung are breast tumours so the medication will treat all the affected areas.

Also I had a period over the weekend the first for ages and was worried that the tablets should have stopped them but he said in someone so young (now that was nice to hear) they wouldn’t be concerned and eventually they will probably go.

I did ask what the next steps were after the radiotherapy and he said they wouldn’t do another CT scan just yet but possibly an ultrasound on my liver as that’s what theare most concerned with, he explained if the lungs get fluid on them or I get breathless I can still have a further course of chemo but if the liver takes a turn for the worse they will have to re-think as chemo and bad liver function don’t go well.

Jon starts a new job on the 11th January and I’m really excited for him.

I’ve had him at home for 2yrs..yes I know it’s along time but taking time off for IVF/Ectopic/Jack's birth/my diagnosis just escalated and before you know it 2yrs have passed.

He applied for a job online with BT at the beginning of December but heard nothing then out of the blue had a phone call and an interview, his first ever (as before he worked in construction and you just don't get interviewed it's just word of mouth).

He obviously did well as they phoned him back the same day and offered him the job. He will be away on a residential course for 3 weeks, that will be really weird and I’m sure he’ll miss Jack and vice versa.

The job is where we live and about 15 mile radius so it will be lovely to have him working at home after 9yrs of him working away.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment