Thursday, 1 January 2009






The 1st day of a New Year is nearly over....

New Years Eve was just perfect....

Jon and I went over to Wendy and Guy's for a meal, drinks and lots of laughter...mostly provided by Jon's constant squinting (he needs new glasses!!)

The meal was (as usual) lovely and we were treated to New Years Eve presents and lots of champagne - yummmmm

Poor Guy was full of cold but battled on regardless...

We played a game of girls verses boys trivial pursuit...the boys won!!

Midnight came and after lots of hugging, kissing and general 'loving' we all went outside to watch some fireworks.

Wendy's neighbour came in about 1am and we sat chatting and then all of a sudden I realised I'd had too much to drink...off to bed for me at 2am!!

Lovely nights sleep but woke feeling rather fragile and that continued most of the day...big roast at Mum and Dad's and then a snooze on their sofa whilst Jon went upstairs and had a snooze in the peace and quiet...well he was rather more fragile than me!!

I've made my mind up and am going to Slimming World classes starting next Tuesday...I have approx 2st to lose and want to do it this time and keep it off.

I don't really have any resolutions but will try hard at what ever I do this year.

So I intend to get through this year as healthily as I can and make it through to 2010...how scary does that sound??!! - not that I make it but 2010!!!

love Clare xx

3 comments:

  1. Yes it really was a perfect NYE, here's to 2009 and more of our fantastic friendship which means the world to me, love you lots dear friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Clare! May 2009 be a happy and healthy one for us all xxx

    ReplyDelete