Monday, 5 January 2009
6th Herceptin
Another dose of Herceptin today and all went well.
It was so busy in there as they missed a day last week and still had patients playing catch up.
I can't really complain about the wait as each time I have been called between 10 and 10.15, so that must be the earliest the drugs come up and someone is free to see to me. I was a tad embarrassed as they've had to 'up' my dose as at my last weigh-in I had gone over into the next dosage bracket....oh dear (but that is soon to be rectified!!)
I belong to a BC forum and today met one of the ladies from there as she was also having treatment today, we've never managed to meet before as our appointments seemed to miss by a few days each time but she was one of the 'catch-up' patients so emailed me to say she'd be there today. She is such a nice lady and without thinking I did say ..'Oh your avatar pic on the forum doesn't look like you at all'...she looks so much younger in the flesh.
I got really shall I say emotional (lip quivering type of thing) as a 'young' man (he was 40 so in my book that's young) struggled to walk to the seat next to me with a stick and his Mum holding him up..that didn't upset me as much as his poor Mum having to go through this with him...she sat away from him as we were tight for space and she just looked over now and again and you could see the sorrow in her face....so sad to see.
Got back to Mum and Dad's about 12.45, had some lunch and sat on the sofa nodding off...Dad insisted I went upstairs for a lay down and so I wasn't going to argue!! I slept for just over 2hrs and it was fab.
Feel really tired this evening and have had a dodgy stomach since teatime....it is a side effect but one that I've avoided so far!!
So 1/3 of the way through if they stick to the plan. I change to Tuesdays from 27th Jan. They write your name in a diary so they know who they have coming in and the nurse said ooh lucky you Tuesdays are nice and quiet....lovely.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Clare, Glad yesterday went ok.
ReplyDeleteI must say I am smiled at your Dad ordering you upsteairs to sleep - its like you are eight years old again - but very very sweet.
Keep up that positive attitude honey
Alexandra x
Glad your appointment went as well as it could Clare.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! You are doing brilliantly!
Love 'n (((HUGS)))
Jane xxx
Hi Clare - I am glad your appt went well and that you had a great Christmas and New Year. We were away for alot of it so I haven't been on the PC much and missed some of your upsates. How you can think your writing isn't good enough to publish I do not know - it makes me laugh out loud sometimes. You have a real talent to entertain! Rachel x
ReplyDelete