7th Herceptin
Well it's getting boring now....it's like Groundhog Day, even get called in to start treatment at the same time each session...oh now hang on I think I was about 5mins later this week and a few different faces. I was sad about one thing - the nurse that did most of my chemo 2 yrs ago wasn't there and I asked if she had a day off and they said she'd left to work in Saudi - I was sad that I didn't get to say goodbye/good luck etc but they said she didn't tell any patients as it would have been too upsetting for everyone.
Said to the nurse that I feel so tired for the rest of the day and the following day and she said of course it's the piriton....very large dose is given to stop any allergic reactions. Good news is I can stop having it from next time as after 7 sessions they assume your not going to react - watch this space!!
Sorted out dates for treatment until July as I had to see if I could move my last one in June by 4 days and that's all sorted provided my Echo's come back ok.
I did ask what mine was last time and she said 55% (don't know what that means) but if it goes below 50 I may have to have a 3 week rest to allow the heart to repair itself - that would put a spanner in the works!!
Other things that are happening at the moment are the excitement of a new bathroom providing we can get the tiles we want in time it'll get started Mon 9th Feb - yippee.
Jon is going to do the kitchen so when that's finished it'll be sit back and enjoy the summer as a family without housey jobs hanging over us.
I'm so proud of Jack, just on the off chance I put him in pants on Saturday and that's what he's been wearing ever since (with the exception of pre-school and night time), he can pull down his trousers and pants and go himself and pull them up again. Poo's are done in the toilet not the potty so that's nice and he really seems to be getting the hang of it - hurrah!!
Will do an update on 'Pottygate' in a few days!
Have had my hair done today - lovely and light again, thought I fancied going darker a while back but I do really like it blonder - thanks Angela xx
One final thing - lost another lb at SW weigh-in so that's 3.5lbs so far - moving in the right direction.
love Clare xx
No comments:
Post a Comment