So here we are...a day that in 2006, I wondered if I would ever see. Jack had his 1st day at pre-school and he loved it!
Went in at 9.30am and he just sat down with all the other children on the mats and didn't even bat an eyelid when I left!!
I managed to occupy myself at home (ironing/preparing dinner etc) and hoped that I wouldn't get a call to go and get him.
When I went in to pick him up he was sat on his chair waiting with all the others and gave me a huge smile when I walked in. He has a memories book that his 'key person' writes in and she wrote that he settled in straight away...(I didn't really have any doubts but you never know) and did lots of running around and joined in everything.
He's already asked to go back after lunch....he'll have to wait until Monday!!
So my little boy is not so little anymore...how time flys....
love Clare xx
Oh bless Clare, he looks so cute and GROWN UP ! Glad he enjoyed it, though to be honest I would be surprised if he didnt: hes an outgoing little soul.
ReplyDeleteI have been doing the school run this week and thoroughly enjoyed it ... though feel I have to have my hair brushed and lippy on - something I dont always bother with for work !
Alexandra x
Alex,
ReplyDeleteI had to make sure my hair was done and make up on...needn't have bothered it was so cold and damp I had limp hair and a red face from the cold by the time I got there!!
Clare xx
Oh Clare, that brought a tear to my eye. I am so glad Jack enjoyed his first day. What a big boy he is now! Please give him a hug from me. And there's always one for you too of course! xxx
ReplyDeletePS: Well done to Jack for settling so quickly. Sam has just changed nurseries this week after 2 and a half years at his first one and has become all insecure and clingy suddenly. Hope he takes a leaf out of Jack's book next week... LOL!
ReplyDeleteOh he looks so cute in his "uniform", I can't believe how grown up he looks, bless him xx
ReplyDeleteLovely to see him in his uniform, so sweet.
ReplyDeleteLindsey
XX
Your boy looks scrummy in his uniform, pmsl at your yummy mummy moment being b*ggered by the weather
ReplyDeleteor clare jack look absolutely gorgeous in his uniform bet your so proud xx
ReplyDeleteGosh he looks so grown up! He is a good looking lad too. Rachel
ReplyDelete