Monday, 9 March 2009


9th Herceptin

What a huge let down today was....

Didn't start very well either, Jack stayed at Mum and Dad's so I only had myself to get ready this morning and could get a good nights sleep...no such luck I was up about 4/5 times in the night feeling really sick.

I got up at 7am and was sick and then the diarrhoea kicked in!! I actually thought it might be because I was anxious/nervous of getting my scan results.

Got to the hospital and booked in on West Ward for my Herceptin and then went back downstairs for my appointment with the consultant.

He was only running 30mins late so that was a bonus!! He did the usual examination and when I said what were the results of my scan he said "what scan" I said I'd had a CT scan 10 days ago and he said he'd go and have a look on the computer. He came back and said that the results weren't there but he'd ring the radiologist and chase them up for me and ring me.

I was a bit surprised that they weren't there as a lady who had her scan 10mins after me had her results today.

Bloods I had done at the end of January were good so at least that's something.

I went back up to West Ward and they saw me straight away. All going well and I felt ok after the sickness earlier. Then just after an hour into treatment I felt really bad...clammy, shaky and really faint. I called one of the nurses who got me a fan and she stopped my treatment right away. They got me a bed to lay on in a side room and did my OBs..blood pressure was really low and I was still very shaky.

When something like happens they have to call one of the Drs to come. The Dr that came up said that before I had my next treatment I should see my consultant again to see what he suggests. I have an appointment on 23rd March.

I had to stay there longer than normal just to make sure I was ok to drive home.

I reckon I felt ill because I wasn't feeling 100% and I think I know what caused it....I had a Hartleys low calorie jelly, the pot was a bit sticky but the lid was intact...it wasn't until I washed up the pot this evening to put in the recycling that I noticed the bottom was cracked...I bet anything I got a bit of food poisoning from that - grrr!!

So a pretty pants day. Except for Wendy popping over after work to see me and help get Jack ready for bed.

Love Clare xx

2 comments:

  1. awww Clare, what a rotten day. I hope it was the jelly making you ill at least you know it will pass quickly. I hope you get your results soon, I can't believe they've had to chase them. Thinking of you,

    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, I hate the fact that hospitals are unable to do something simple like get the scan results to the right place at the right time. I am sorry you were feeling poorly as well: and really hope it was just a one-off and caused by that blookming cracked pot.

    I hope you have ahd a better day today.

    Take care Alexandra x

    ReplyDelete