Thursday, 26 March 2009
Why are things never straight forward??
Went into town yesterday to have a look at a dress for the ball in July....it wasn't really suitable for me so whilst I was in the mood I had a shop around...
Tried on several dresses and all looked pants on me! I just happened to be walking past Country Casuals (yes, I know...ha ha) and spotted a dress in there that looked perfect for me and it was in the sale, so I went in tried it on but it was too big (at last). They didn't have anymore so I left feeling deflated and thinking will I ever find a dress with a suitable neckline?
Got home rang CC customer services who gave me the name of stores who stocked the dress...the first one I rang in Henley had one in the size I wanted and they let me pay over the phone and they would post it to me.
It arrived today....tried it on and it fits like a treat..BUT I noticed all over the front there is red marker pen....grrr!!
I rang the shop and they were very apologetic and said to take it back for a refund...they didn't have another one.
I rang another couple of stores who didn't have my size either...beginning to think it was not meant to be and rang one more shop in Beaconsfield...yeah they had one and will send it to the store in Reading where I can exchange the other one.
So semi-happy about it will be very happy when I have the replacement hanging in my wardrobe.
Can't really fault the shops as they all tried their best to help me and the Henley manageress was so embarrassed...(red pen is what they use to mark down reductions)
So I will wait for the call to tell me it's there.
Love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's a dress soap opera LOL! Glad you found sonething suitable though and will keep fingers crossed for you that the next dress arrives free of any red markings! xxx
ReplyDeleteOoo what a palaver but hopeully it will all work out in the end. Do you think CC is part of the NHS ? Actually one of sisters got a dress from CC and it was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHopefully this one will be prefect !
Alexandra x
Hope the new dress is hanging up safely in your wardrobe, what a who ha! It'll be worth it in the end, love Becxxxx
ReplyDeleteWell, do you have it yet??? :-)
ReplyDelete