Had another treatment this week...all went well and I was home in record time ..back by 12noon!
A lady I have got to know there will be having her last treatment in 3 weeks time and to say I'm jealous is not quite right but I so wish it was me and that I could say I'm 'cancer free' for the time being...
I think we'll be having a bit of a celebration on the ward that day, as to reach the end of treatment is a huge thing. I bet we both cry as we both got teary the other day just talking about our situations to each other.
It's funny how people are different though..I had my mastectomy and chose not to have reconstruction...my surgeon ruled out immediate recon and then after they didn't encourage me to have it done either, so I haven't bothered. The other lady on the otherhand had immediate reconstruction tweeking and fiddling about until it was right for her and is having more surgery to make it exactly as she wants it...she even refused a port in her chest wall as she felt it would look odd....for me having one in the arm is odd!!
Funny how two people going through the same thing think so differently. Maybe if I hadn't got secondaries I would be going down the recon route and trying to get my life back to 'normal'...my life will never be the same, no amount of surgery will rid me of this disease so I'm just glad to be here as I am for as long as I can be.
Love Clare xx
No comments:
Post a Comment