Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Another treatment under my belt as they say!

Quite an emotional one today as Fiona was having her last Herceptin and although I don't want to see her again on West Ward I will miss our chats and laughs..

Managed a hug and a goodbye then I could feel myself welling up and so was she so I left sharpish so we didn't both blubb..

Actual treatment went ok, the nurse who acccessed my port had to take a blood test from there too as it's needed for my next appointment...when she flushed out after the syringe slipped and saline squirted all over my face/hair and neck...I couldn't stop laughing, she was mortified - at least it wasn't the syringe full of blood!!!

Not really looking forward to my next appointment as it's results day/check over - bloods/scan and heart echo..which means a bit of 'scanxiety' over the weekend before and then I'll prob have an upset stomach on the morning...roll on 16th November is what I say...

Feel a bit frightened that my good luck (if you can call it that) may run out soon...one of these days the scan will show some movement of tumours and I want that day to be so far away it's unbelievable...

love Clare xx

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are ok, keeping everything crossed for you Clare...

    ReplyDelete