Monday, 9 November 2009

I knew this day would come and dreaded the thought of it...my darling Pookie is gone and I'm so sad...

Since Thursday had she been struggling to walk properly, it got worse over the weekend and I had to carry her to her food/water and litter tray..

I was on my own Saturday night as Jon and Jack were at Michelle's, so Sunday morning I went downstairs picked her up and took her back upstairs with me for a 3 hour cuddle and snooze...

I'd made the appointment with the vet knowing that I'd be coming home on my own.

The vet said it was a classic case of Lymphoma of the spine and by the time 5.30pm came round she couldn't stand at all...there really was no decision to be made ..I wanted her to be at peace.

I stayed with her and cradled her head and kissed her whilst they injected her telling her that I love her...

I was left to say my goodbyes to her and gave her one last cuddle and thanked her for making me so happy....even through my tough times she's been there always willing to give me a cuddle.

She's being taken to a Pet Crematorium tomorrow and then her ashes placed in a carved wooden Sleeping Black cat...

There will be no more cats in my life as I only ever wanted a black cat and I had the best I could possibly have for 16yrs 9mths...I loved her and will carry on loving her...no other cat could give me the love she did.


RIP Pookie  (14.2.1993 - 09.11.2009)

2 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Clare. I am so sorry to read about your beloved Pookie, but am pleased that she is not suffering any more. I didn't realise she was nearly 17! What a fantastic age for a cat. May she rest in peace in pussycat heaven, surrounded by catnip, toys and bowls of goldfish! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Pookie, you were a lovely cat and I miss you too xxx

    ReplyDelete